Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I move multiple tabs in multiple workbooks to a master?

I am in payroll. Each person has their own file with multiple tabs or
worksheets dated for each week. Each week I need to move that week's date
tab into a master workbook for multiple people. What is an easier way than
move or copy when you right click on the individual tab?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The easiest way is to build a macro which will automatically move the sheets
to the master file..If you are looking for a VBA solution let us know
--master book name format
--individual workbook naming covention
--the sheet name format (week)
with examples..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"teelee" wrote:

I am in payroll. Each person has their own file with multiple tabs or
worksheets dated for each week. Each week I need to move that week's date
tab into a master workbook for multiple people. What is an easier way than
move or copy when you right click on the individual tab?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Check this link -
http://datapigtechnologies.com/blog/...od-2/#more-585

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"teelee" wrote in message
I am in payroll. Each person has their own file with multiple tabs or
worksheets dated for each week. Each week I need to move that week's date
tab into a master workbook for multiple people. What is an easier way
than
move or copy when you right click on the individual tab?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Each city gets their own master (where I combine the muliple tabs or
worksheets each week), so I would name them ORL coversheets WE 10-2-09, or
HTX coversheets WE 10-2-09, etc.

The individual worksheets in each persons workbook are named 9-25-09,
9-2-09, etc. so just dates

The workbooks are named by the person or employee, so John Doe, etc.

Let me know if you need further information. Thank you so much for your
help!!