Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel Formula using Conditional Formatting

Given the below criteria, I am in need of a formula.
1. I have a range of random numbers within a column, i.e. A1:A9
2. A specific number will appear in a cell at the end of that column,
i.e. A11
3. I need to see via conditional formatting which of the above cells
add up to that number in A11.

I am aware that given the numbers in A1:A9, it is possible to have
more than one combination of numbers that add up to A11. I would need
to see those combinations as well identified using Conditional
formatting.
Also more information:
1. Yes, the numbers in A1:A9 will be unique.
2. There is NO maximum or minimum for the random numbers
3. I will just be entering a value in A11 and seeing which numbers in
A1:A9 can add up to that number.
4. Yes, more or less than 2 values may add up to sum to A11
5. I am using Excel 2003 in a Windows XP environment.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

An in-depth discussion of what you are trying to do can be found he

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5d2d987b?hl=en

I don't think it lends itself to conditional formatting.

Hope this helps.

Pete