Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CJRolls

Default conditional formatting or formula

Hello
I have two colums of numbers with one number always being higher than the
other.
A B
2 3
1 4
3 1
5 0 and so on.
What I need to do is somehow change the font colour of whichever number is
highest per row. Tried conditional format but this didnot work.
Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

Assume your data is in the range A1:B4

Select the range A1:B4
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is: =A1=MAX($A1:$B1)
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

Biff

"CJRolls" wrote in message
Hello
I have two colums of numbers with one number always being higher than the
other.
A B
2 3
1 4
3 1
5 0 and so on.
What I need to do is somehow change the font colour of whichever number is
highest per row. Tried conditional format but this didnot work.
Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Assume your range is A1:B4

Select the range starting in cell A1 to B4. Cell A1 is the active cell. Its
background color is still white while the other cells that are selected are
"blueish".

Goto FormatConditional Formatting
From the first drop down select Formula Is
In the box to the right enter this exact formula:

=A1=MAX($A1:$B1)

The placement of the $ signs is very important!

Click the format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out

Biff

"CJRolls" wrote in message
Hello
I have two colums of numbers with one number always being higher than
the
other.
A B
2 3
1 4
3 1
5 0 and so on.
What I need to do is somehow change the font colour of whichever number
is
highest per row. Tried conditional format but this didnot work.
Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CJRolls

Exactly what I needed Biff.
Thanks very much for your persistance with my problem. Greatly appreciated

CJRolls

"Biff" wrote:

Assume your range is A1:B4

Select the range starting in cell A1 to B4. Cell A1 is the active cell. Its
background color is still white while the other cells that are selected are
"blueish".

Goto FormatConditional Formatting
From the first drop down select Formula Is