LDanix

Default Formula Dependant Conditional Formatting

I am wanting conditional formatting on an entire column of data (B). Each
cell's format is dependent on the data in the cell directly to its left (A).
When I select the Conditional Formatting for B1 and enter the formula to make
it dependant on A1, it works fine. I then copy the formatting down the row.
The only problem is that the format in all the cells are dependant on A1, not
their respective cells from column A. Is there a way to copy the conditional
format down a column that will cause the format's formula to change
respectively like formulas in the cells themselves do?