Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formatting formula

Hello
I've been trying to set up conditional formatting on an excel spreadsheet we
use as a date tracker. Basically there are target dates and actual dates in
this chart and I would like the actual dates we enter to change colour if
they are out of the acceptable window from the target date.

So for example, cell A1 will have a task completion 'Target date' of
01-Sep-07 already entered, cell B1 is populated when we know the date the
task was actually completed. If the actual date is +/- 3 days (or more) from
the target date, the cell wlil turn red (i.e. 29-Aug-07 or earlier, 04-Sep-07
or later).

I've tried playing with conditional formatting formulae but due to my
limited expertise I've been unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
--
---------
Gareth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One play ..

Select col B (B1 active), then apply CF using Formula is:
=AND(A1<"",B1<"",ABS(A1-B1)=3)
Format to taste, ok out
--
Max
[...]