Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default what formula do I use for conditional formatting?

Now that I have my "ddd" showing Sat, Sun, etc., I need to place conditional
formatting that will turn all cells equal to Sat, Sun to Red text. What
formula do I use in the conditional formatting to produce this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=AND(A1<"",WEEKDAY(A1,2)5)

"CoopsCoops" wrote:

Now that I have my "ddd" showing Sat, Sun, etc., I need to place conditional
formatting that will turn all cells equal to Sat, Sun to Red text. What
formula do I use in the conditional formatting to produce this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FC FC is offline

Select conditional formatting.
Select formula is
Write this formula :
=A1:A25="Saturday"
( of course select your own range of cells )
Format as RED text.
Click on ADD for another CF and do the same for "Sunday" and click ok.
Everytime Saturday or Sunday appear in that range of cells = RED color.
Enjoy it.