Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting within a Formula

How do I use conditional formatting in this way:
IF I36 is greater than H36, then bold red font
IF I36 is less than H36, then bold blue font

If it were just the one cell, it would be simple but I want that to carry
down, so that I37 jives with H37 and then I38 with H38, and so on.

Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dave, thank you, but if you are meaning to go to Format/Conditional
Formatting, I did that as you have shown here, and ever cell in the I column
looks at H36 all the way down. Connie

"Connie Martin" wrote:

How do I use conditional formatting in this way:
IF I36 is greater than H36, then bold red font
IF I36 is less than H36, then bold blue font

If it were just the one cell, it would be simple but I want that to carry
down, so that I37 jives with H37 and then I38 with H38, and so on.

Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
~L ~L is offline

In the conditional formatting menu, choose "Format Is" and put =I36H36 and
choose the format to apply. By default, when selecting a cell, it will apply
absolute references ($I$36$H$36) so be sure to remove the $.

Without the $, the conditional format should update when you drag it.