Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Conditional Formatting within a Formula

If every row looks at H36, I would guess that your formula says H$36, rather
than H36? Get rid of the unwanted $.
--
David Biddulph

"Connie Martin" wrote in message
Dave, thank you, but if you are meaning to go to Format/Conditional
Formatting, I did that as you have shown here, and ever cell in the I
column
looks at H36 all the way down. Connie

"Dave F" wrote:

Condition 1: Formula: H36 then bold red

Condition 2: Formula: <H36 then bold blue font

"Connie Martin" wrote:

How do I use conditional formatting in this way:
IF I36 is greater than H36, then bold red font
IF I36 is less than H36, then bold blue font

If it were just the one cell, it would be simple but I want that to
carry
down, so that I37 jives with H37 and then I38 with H38, and so on.

Connie