-   -   what formula do I use for conditional formatting? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/148396-what-formula-do-i-use-conditional-formatting.html)

CoopsCoops

what formula do I use for conditional formatting?

Now that I have my "ddd" showing Sat, Sun, etc., I need to place conditional
formatting that will turn all cells equal to Sat, Sun to Red text. What
formula do I use in the conditional formatting to produce this?

Toppers

what formula do I use for conditional formatting?

=AND(A1<"",WEEKDAY(A1,2)5)

"CoopsCoops" wrote:

Now that I have my "ddd" showing Sat, Sun, etc., I need to place conditional
formatting that will turn all cells equal to Sat, Sun to Red text. What
formula do I use in the conditional formatting to produce this?

FC

what formula do I use for conditional formatting?

Select conditional formatting.
Select formula is
Write this formula :
=A1:A25="Saturday"
( of course select your own range of cells )
Format as RED text.
Click on ADD for another CF and do the same for "Sunday" and click ok.
Everytime Saturday or Sunday appear in that range of cells = RED color.
Enjoy it.