Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Strange behavior on launching.

Just finished reformat and rebuild of my computer. Now when launching Excel
2000 it opens 13 spreadsheets; they look like programs converted to Excel
format.

how can I find out what's happening and how to stop it without removing and
reinstalling Excel?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi

It sounds as though you have a lot of files in your XLSTART folder,
or in whatever folder you have set as the Alternate Startup Location

ToolsOptionsGeneralremove the entry in Alternate Startup File
location

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"krcmd1" wrote in message
Just finished reformat and rebuild of my computer. Now when launching
Excel
2000 it opens 13 spreadsheets; they look like programs converted to
Excel
format.

how can I find out what's happening and how to stop it without
removing and
reinstalling Excel?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

There isn't any entry in the Alternate Startup File field. The worksheets
that open were clearly not Excel sheets - they look like IBM macros converted
into spreadsheets.

Thank you for your thoughts.

"krcmd1" wrote in message
Just finished reformat and rebuild of my computer. Now when launching
Excel
2000 it opens 13 spreadsheets; they look like programs converted to
Excel
format.

how can I find out what's happening and how to stop it without
removing and
reinstalling Excel?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi

You didn't say what was in your XLStart folder itself. That may be the
cause of the problem.

--
Regards

Roger Govier