Wiley Coyote

Default Strange behavior.

I have an Excel (Off2K3) spreadsheet that I've been using to track time for
quite some time. I have two columns, Time In and Time Out. The columns are
formatted as TIME as 13:30 for example.

When I now enter Time (example Time In) as 10:00 and Time Out as 22:00, both
columns display 0:00 and 9/26/1902 12:00:00 AM is displayed in the formula
bar.

Any ideas???

Wiley

Dave Peterson

If you format that cell that shows 9/26/1902 as General, you'll see that the
value in the cell is 1000.

That looks suspicious to me.

I'd try just retyping 10:00

--

Dave Peterson
Wiley Coyote

Hey thatnks Dave. But the cell shows 12:00 AM (both of them) the Formula Bar
shows 9/26/1902 12:00:00 AM. I tried to format the cells as general and
enter (for example) 22:00 and it displays correctly, however I cannot
perform calculations on the cell (without converting to date/time).

As mentioned in my original post, this worked fine up til about a week or so
ago and Nothing has changed in the sheet.

TX.

Wiley Coyote wrote:

I have an Excel (Off2K3) spreadsheet that I've been using to track time
for
quite some time. I have two columns, Time In and Time Out. The columns
are
formatted as TIME as 13:30 for example.

When I now enter Time (example Time In) as 10:00 and Time Out as 22:00,
both
columns display 0:00 and 9/26/1902 12:00:00 AM is displayed in the
formula
bar.

Any ideas???

Wiley

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

If I format a cell as General and then type 22:00 into that cell, excel will
format the cell as Custom hh:mm.

If you type: 22:00 in the cell, then format the cell as general, what do you
see?

Just a guess...

Have you been playing in the windows regional settings--maybe the time or number
tab??

Wiley Coyote wrote:

I have an Excel (Off2K3) spreadsheet that I've been using to track time
for
quite some time. I have two columns, Time In and Time Out. The columns
are
formatted as TIME as 13:30 for example.

When I now enter Time (example Time In) as 10:00 and Time Out as 22:00,
both
columns display 0:00 and 9/26/1902 12:00:00 AM is displayed in the
formula
bar.

Any ideas???

Wiley

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Wiley Coyote

Formatting as General, then entering 22:00 worked. I guess the formatting
got pooched or something. But I seem to recall that when I built the Sheet -
I'm sure I used Time in the format of 13:00.

Thanks...

Wiley Coyote wrote:

I have an Excel (Off2K3) spreadsheet that I've been using to track
time
for
quite some time. I have two columns, Time In and Time Out. The columns
are
formatted as TIME as 13:30 for example.

When I now enter Time (example Time In) as 10:00 and Time Out as
22:00,
both
columns display 0:00 and 9/26/1902 12:00:00 AM is displayed in the
formula
bar.

Any ideas???

Wiley

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Pippings

On Office 2003 again. I have the same problem. Starting with a blank sheet I
enter the time 10.30 then click on Format/Cells/custom and select [hh]:mm.
It changes the cell value to 247:12 and the formula to 10/01/1900 07:12:00.

I want to do calculations of the time too.

I have already spent an hour looking through other posts but could have
missed the solution

Wiley Coyote wrote:

I have an Excel (Off2K3) spreadsheet that I've been using to track
time
for
quite some time. I have two columns, Time In and Time Out. The columns
are
formatted as TIME as 13:30 for example.

When I now enter Time (example Time In) as 10:00 and Time Out as
22:00,
both
columns display 0:00 and 9/26/1902 12:00:00 AM is displayed in the
formula
bar.

Any ideas???

Wiley

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Peo Sjoblom

It's because 10.30 is not a time value per Excel, you need to enter it as
10:30 or else you'll get 10.3 times 24
hours thus 247:12

Peo Sjoblom