tmarko

Default Strange Excel problem when opening an Excelbook

When I open an Excelworkbook I get the following message from Excel (see
attached picture)

First I get a security warning that the Excelbook contains macros which
is OK.

I press Enable macros (totaly normal)

Then the strange message appears when excel looks for MIM.EXE???. If I
press OK

I get following message from Excel:

"Cannot run MIM.EXE. The program or one of its components is damaged or
missing"

I press OK and I get back to the strange message.
But if I press Ok again I get the Cannot MIM.EXE message, but then
after pressing OK I can can continue work with the Excelworkbook. Or If
I press No in the very begining when I get the strange message I can
also continue.

Anyone know why this message and the problem come from?

|Filename: Excel problem.JPG |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3551 |

tmarko
tmarko's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4996
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=383546

Jim Rech

A Google search indicated MIM.EXE might be part of MusicMatch Jukebox.
Perhaps a macro is trying to generate some music? If you disable macros and
the error does not occur that might be it.

--
Jim
"tmarko" wrote in