kswinth

Default Strange behavior w/ Text, Button, & Check Boxes

I hope someone out there can help me with this one since I'm stumped!

I have an Excel form that I created that contains a number of
checkboxes that uses select to choose options they want in a package.

These have been working fine until just recently. Now, when my Excel
worksheet loads, I can see an outline of where each Checkbox should be
and a red X flashes briefly and then they all disappear -- basically,
they fail to load.

By clicking around, sometimes I can "catch" one and it will display,
until I move out of the field, then it disappears again.

This same behavior appears in new worksheets as well as existing ones
and occurs with text boxes, button boxes, and check boxes (basically
anything you might add from the Controls Toolbar).

The other thing I noticed is that when I click the "Design Mode" icon,
the label on the button changes from "Design Mode' to "Exit Design
Mode", but it doesn't look to me like I'm really ever entering Design
Mode -- I can't select objects, for example, the way I should be able
to.

This behavior started occuring after I upgraded from Norton 2004 to
2005 -- so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I don't
think I've run any other updates recently, so I'm not sure what is
going on.

Can anyone help?

Kim

--