Will Fleenor

Default Formula in text boxes

I have heard you can put string arithmetic formula in text boxes. How do
you do this? For example I would like to add the contents of three cells as
follows:
=B1&DOLLAR(B3,2)&B2
Thanks Will

Debra Dalgleish

A text box can contain a cell reference --

Enter the formula in a cell on the worksheet
Create a text box.
Click on the text box to select it
Click in the formula bar, and type an equal sign
Click on the cell that contains the formula
Press the Enter key

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Michael Malinsky

Hi Will,

I thought I recognized you name from somewhere so I googled you and figured
out you're with K2. We've never met, but I've enjoyed various presentations
by Dr. Bob Spencer and Randy Johnson. Keep up the good work!

Mike.
"Will Fleenor" wrote in message
I have heard you can put string arithmetic formula in text boxes. How do
you do this? For example I would like to add the contents of three cells

as
follows:
=B1&DOLLAR(B3,2)&B2
Thanks Will

Will Fleenor

Thanks, that works but apparently you can only build references to a single
cell and can not build a formula. Ex. you can have =A10 but not =A10+B10.
Is this correct?
Thanks, Will

Will Fleenor wrote:
I have heard you can put string arithmetic formula in text boxes. How do
you do this? For example I would like to add the contents of three cells
as follows:
=B1&DOLLAR(B3,2)&B2
Thanks Will

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

GerryK

All changes (formula additions)within the referenced cell
are reflected in the text box, which is handy. BUT here is
an interesting observation... I was able to bold the
contents of the text box by bolding the cell I referenced,
only once though. If that was at possible, does anyone
know how it could be duplicated? As formating linked to
the text box would be extremely useful any ideas would be
appreciated?

TIA

.