Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
krcmd1 krcmd1 is offline

Default Strange behavior on launching.

thank you for your help. had no xlstart folder. copied one from another user
on computer. problem solved.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

You didn't say what was in your XLStart folder itself. That may be the
cause of the problem.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"krcmd1" wrote in message
There isn't any entry in the Alternate Startup File field. The
worksheets
that open were clearly not Excel sheets - they look like IBM macros
converted
into spreadsheets.

Thank you for your thoughts.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

It sounds as though you have a lot of files in your XLSTART folder,
or in whatever folder you have set as the Alternate Startup Location

ToolsOptionsGeneralremove the entry in Alternate Startup File
location

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"krcmd1" wrote in message
Just finished reformat and rebuild of my computer. Now when
launching
Excel
2000 it opens 13 spreadsheets; they look like programs converted
Excel
format.

how can I find out what's happening and how to stop it without
removing and
reinstalling Excel?

Thank you.