Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Persistent External File Links

I view a file on both the Windows and Mac platform. On the Mac, my link
diaglog shows two links - one valid and the other bogus - a file I once
linked but since have deleted all references. I cannot break the second link.
I have checked the workbook with FindLink and it cannot find any links to the
second file. In Windowss, the second link does not show up in the link
dialog, but it triggers a warning that the (invisible) linked file cannot be
found.
Is there a way to finally delete this link? I would start a new file but
this workbook contains too much stuff.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I'd check the following:

1 - Do a search for .xls in the workbook
2 - Look at the named ranges to see if there's a link there
3 - Look at any of the graph series to see if there's a link there.