Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Accidental Deletion

I accidently deleted excel off of my hard drive and would like to know how to
bring it back.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Why do do think Excel is deleted?

You cannot accidentally delete Excel from your hard drive.

You have to uninstall it using Control Panel Add/Remove Programs

Did you just lose the shortcut to Excel?

Go to StartRun and enter "excel.exe" and OK

Anything?

What happens when you do a file search for excel.exe?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:09:02 -0700, Brian Frantz <Brian
wrote:

I accidently deleted excel off of my hard drive and would like to know how to
bring it back.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You will have to install Excel, typically, from the 'MS Office' or 'MS
Works' CD. Just place the CD in the tray and the computer should recognise
it and 'read' the CD. From there just click on the Excel option and it will
be installed. It is strongly recommended that immediately after installing
you go 'Office updates' (www.microsoft.com) and download and install updates
which will then update any security issues in the original software.

If you don't have the 'MS Office' or 'MS Works' CD I'm afraid you will have
to buy one.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions