Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SheriTingle

Default protect a file from deletion

Hello and thanks for the help. I am using all versions of Excel. Is there a
way to protect a file from deletion from a computer? People have accidently
been deleting files and I'd like to make that impossible. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheila D

Deleting files is a Windows operation not Excel so you would have to look at
Windoew permissions I guess. Maybe a Windows news group could help?

"SheriTingle" wrote:

Hello and thanks for the help. I am using all versions of Excel. Is there a
way to protect a file from deletion from a computer? People have accidently
been deleting files and I'd like to make that impossible. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe you could talk to your IT staff and have them set up a share that only you
(and trusted coworkers--for when you're out of the office) can write.

But all others can read.

--

Dave Peterson