-   -   protect a file from deletion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/63035-protect-file-deletion.html)

SheriTingle

protect a file from deletion

Hello and thanks for the help. I am using all versions of Excel. Is there a
way to protect a file from deletion from a computer? People have accidently
been deleting files and I'd like to make that impossible. Any ideas?

Sheila D

protect a file from deletion

Deleting files is a Windows operation not Excel so you would have to look at
Windoew permissions I guess. Maybe a Windows news group could help?

"SheriTingle" wrote:

Hello and thanks for the help. I am using all versions of Excel. Is there a
way to protect a file from deletion from a computer? People have accidently
been deleting files and I'd like to make that impossible. Any ideas?

Dave Peterson

protect a file from deletion

Maybe you could talk to your IT staff and have them set up a share that only you
(and trusted coworkers--for when you're out of the office) can write.

But all others can read.

--

Dave Peterson