Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
NEWGUY

Default create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?

I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are
displayed correctly.

One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a
document related to the record.

I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go
and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink
commands.

Does anyone knows how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

NEW

If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under ToolsAutocorrect
OptionsAutoformat as you type.

For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell.......

=HYPERLINK(cellref) will return as a hyperlink.

Or you can use a macro to convert all at once.

Sub MakeHyperlinks()
'David McRitchie
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection