Default Finding unique items in data field for pivot tables

I have a huge pivot table I'm trying to create and for a critical item
I select I get the following message:

A field in your data source has more unique items that can be used in a
PivotTable. Microsoft Excel may not be able to create a PivotTable or
may create the PivotTable without the data from this field.

Any ideas how I can find the duplicates and create the PivotTable with
this field?

CyberTaz

Hello-

Based on the message, 'duplicates' is not your problem, *Unique* items is.

Pivot tables are limited to 32,500 unique items per field. So if you're
analyzing product sales, for example, its OK to have the same item# appear
repeatedly, you just can't use more than 32,500 *different* item#s.

Make sense?

Regards |:)

" wrote:

I have a huge pivot table I'm trying to create and for a critical item
I select I get the following message:

A field in your data source has more unique items that can be used in a
PivotTable. Microsoft Excel may not be able to create a PivotTable or
may create the PivotTable without the data from this field.

Any ideas how I can find the duplicates and create the PivotTable with
this field?

Sounds like my pivot table data was too large. When I broke it down to
a Division level it worked fine.

Your answer makes sense, thanks.