Frank Marousek

Default Removing hyperlink

Using Excel 2000...

I simply want to remove a hyperlink. Excel help (and several Excel help web
sites) all say to right-click on the cell with the hyperlink, and click
Hyperlink Remove. Problem is, my Excel doesn't work that way. When I
right-click on the cell with the hyperlink, the shortcut menu that pops up
displays "Hyperlink...", and clicking on that brings up an "Insert
Hyperlink" dialog box. I can find no way to remove an existing link in this
dialog.

What am I missing?

Gord Dibben

Frank

What you describe is the method for adding a hyperlink to a cell which has
none.

Are you sure the cell is a hyperlink?

If the cell actually contains a hyperlink and you right-click you should get 3
Hyperlink options, Edit, Open and Remove.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:17:52 -0600, "Frank Marousek"
wrote:

Using Excel 2000...

I simply want to remove a hyperlink. Excel help (and several Excel help web
sites) all say to right-click on the cell with the hyperlink, and click
Hyperlink Remove. Problem is, my Excel doesn't work that way. When I
right-click on the cell with the hyperlink, the shortcut menu that pops up
displays "Hyperlink...", and clicking on that brings up an "Insert
Hyperlink" dialog box. I can find no way to remove an existing link in this
dialog.

What am I missing?

Gary Brown

Excel doesn't seem to be recognizing the hyperlink. A couple of thoughts...
- Are you SURE that the cell is actually a hyperlink?
- Could the cell you are right-clicking really be to the right of the actual
cell that the hyperlink is really in? This can happen if, for example, the
cell to the left (say 'A1') is really thin and it looks like the hyperlink is
in 'B1' and you're clicking on 'B1'. It can really get interesting if the
gridlines are not showing.
Hope some of this helps.
Gary Brown

"Frank Marousek" wrote:

Using Excel 2000...

I simply want to remove a hyperlink. Excel help (and several Excel help web
sites) all say to right-click on the cell with the hyperlink, and click
Hyperlink Remove. Problem is, my Excel doesn't work that way. When I
right-click on the cell with the hyperlink, the shortcut menu that pops up
displays "Hyperlink...", and clicking on that brings up an "Insert
Hyperlink" dialog box. I can find no way to remove an existing link in this
dialog.

What am I missing?

Frank Marousek

You guys were right... the cell turned out to not actually be a hyperlink.
It was just formatted to look like one.

Thanks for the assist...

Frank