Gord Dibben

Frank

What you describe is the method for adding a hyperlink to a cell which has
none.

Are you sure the cell is a hyperlink?

If the cell actually contains a hyperlink and you right-click you should get 3
Hyperlink options, Edit, Open and Remove.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:17:52 -0600, "Frank Marousek"
wrote:

Using Excel 2000...

I simply want to remove a hyperlink. Excel help (and several Excel help web
sites) all say to right-click on the cell with the hyperlink, and click
Hyperlink Remove. Problem is, my Excel doesn't work that way. When I
right-click on the cell with the hyperlink, the shortcut menu that pops up
displays "Hyperlink...", and clicking on that brings up an "Insert
Hyperlink" dialog box. I can find no way to remove an existing link in this
dialog.

What am I missing?