John Calder

Default Stop Worksheet being added

Hi

How can I stop someone from adding worksheets to a workbook?

Thanks
Alan

You can password protect the workbook, however Excel protection is weak and
easily overcome by anyone with a little knowledge and the will to do so,
Regards,
Alan.
"John Calder" wrote in message
Hi

How can I stop someone from adding worksheets to a workbook?

Thanks

dominicb

Good morning John Calder

Use Tools Protection Protect Workbook. This will do the trick, but
you haven't given much information in this post so it may stop you doing
other things that you intend to do with the file.

Also, bear in mind that this security isn't that strong and can be
removed fairly easily.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932

Dave Peterson

Just to add, you'll want to check the structure box in the
tools|protection|protect workbook dialog.

This will also stop users from renaming, moving or deleting sheets, too.