Dave

Default Linking cells in a worksheet to other worksheets in a workbook

I'd like to be able to link a cell in one worksheet to another worksheet, so
that when I click on the cell in the first worksheet, the other worksheet
opens up. I have a spreadsheet where the first page (worksheet) has a
listing of items contained in other tabs (worksheets). I'd like to be able
to click on the first worksheet "index" and have the appropriate worksheet
pop open with the contents of the index.

Thanks for your responses!

john85374

(In Excel 2003) Select a cell to which you would like to add a link. Select
Insert-Hyperlink. Click the "Place in this document" option. Select a
worksheet (or defined name). Click "OK"

Note: The format of the text in the cell may change (to blue underlined
text) but you can change the format without affecting the link.

Hope that helps

"Dave" wrote:

I'd like to be able to link a cell in one worksheet to another worksheet, so
that when I click on the cell in the first worksheet, the other worksheet
opens up. I have a spreadsheet where the first page (worksheet) has a
listing of items contained in other tabs (worksheets). I'd like to be able
to click on the first worksheet "index" and have the appropriate worksheet
pop open with the contents of the index.

Thanks for your responses!

Dave Peterson

Maybe you could use the =hyperlink() worksheet function.

David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheeton e!C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

--

Dave Peterson