amanda

Default Outlook help and worksheet linking help

okay is there a way to not get your emails to link to outlook in excel. I am
very frustrated that everytime I accidently click on an email in my
worksheets outlook pops open. How can I turn this function off? Also is it
possible to link non-mathmatical information to different worksheets? For
instances my one document has 10 different spreadsheets which are continually
updated and motified and I was wondering if you could link one worksheet to a
part of another so that when the one sheet changes, it also changes in the
part of the other.. does that make sense? if not I'll try to clarify.
Thanks. (I know you can link cells to sum and do functions on other sheets
but I'm talking about just information not subtracting, adding or
multiplying).
Gord Dibben

Amanda

By "emails" I assume you mean a list of those addresses in Excel.

You can remove the hyperlinking by these methods.

To deactivate a single hyperlink...........

Right-click on the cell and "Remove Hyperlink"

To deactivate several hyperlinks at once................

Type the number 1 in a blank cell, and right-click the cell.
Click Copy on the shortcut menu.
While pressing CTRL, select each hyperlink you want to deactivate.

To select a cell that has a hyperlink in it without jumping to the hyperlink
destination, click the cell and hold the mouse button until the cursor becomes
a cross , then release the mouse button.
Click Paste Special on the Edit menu.
Under Operation, click Multiply and then click OK

To prevent hyperlinks from being created when you type in an email address go
to ToolsAutoCorrect OptionsAutoformat as you Type and clear the checkbox.

Yes, you can link cells with just text information.

Select a sheet. Select a cell and enter an = sign. Switch to source sheet.
Select a cell and hit <ENTER key.

In target cell you will have created a formula that looks like this

=Sourcesheet!cellref

To do many at once you can copy cells from the source sheet. Switch to the
target sheet and EditPaste SpecialPaste LinksOKEsc.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP