Junior Member

Default help with autopopulating data for labels merge into sheet 2 with information from pg1

Hello everyone,

trying hard to figure something out, and im at my wits end on how to do it.
I bought a fancy inventory control software package that was very expensive, but its label feature stinks, and im hoping to do it better and easier in Excel.

i would like to build sheet one to include 4 fields
a - item description
b - barcode with the free 3 or 9 barcode i downloaded
c - price that the item sells at
d - amount of item i am ordering from the distributor

i maintain an inventory of items i regularly stock in my store and when i place an order for a bunch of items i would like to place the quantity of the item im ordering in row D and then have the information from A,B, and C autopopulate into sheet 2 muliplied by the quanity in D from sheet 1 so i can easily mail merge multiple labels of items into word for label printing.

If i type 1 into D2 then i would like sheet 2 to autopopulate with A2, B2, and C2 1 time.
If i type 2 into D3 then i would like sheet 2 to autopopulate with A3, B3, and C3 2 different times.
If i type 7 into D4 then i would like sheet 2 to autopopulate with A4, B4, and C4 7 different times.

can anyone please help? I sure would appreciate it!!

Mike
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30bmg View Post
[...]
Dear Mike, Good Morning.

Any chance you could show us an example of the workbook to make it easier to understand the issue?

Seeing the worksheet, the help will be quicker and more effective to solve your question.

Please, fill at least one example about your desired data to help us to understand.
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
Belo Horizonte, Brazil