Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to merge data in Excel - one sheet to template sheet?

I am trying to merge data in Excel. I have a template on one worksheet and
data such as name, address etc on another. I would like to merge the data to
create multiple copies of the template for each person. Is this possible in
Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am not sure I follow you. It may be something like what I am doing. I have
a template sheet, and from a list of selected names, worksheets are generated
with names from the list. Then the data is pulled from a "data" worksheet and
filled into the template "form". Is this similar?

- Alden

"Gabriela" wrote:

I am trying to merge data in Excel. I have a template on one worksheet and
data such as name, address etc on another. I would like to merge the data to
create multiple copies of the template for each person. Is this possible in
Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would think it is similar. Let me summarize it: You have a template in
excel - a form - with blank spaces for names, addresses etc. Then you have
another worksheet with a list of names - data worksheet and you move the
names from your data worksheet to the blank spaces in your form. Do I
understand this right?
That's exactly what I wanted to do.
There is a merge option in Word so I was looking for a similar feature in
Excel or way how to do this merge in Excel.

Thanks

Gabriela