Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to insert static time using a laptop?

New to this. Sorry if very simple question. I'm using a laptop and the
suggested method of inserting static date and time of hitting CNTL+ doesn't
work. Is there another method?

Thanks much.

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Pickens View Post
New to this. Sorry if very simple question. I'm using a laptop and the
suggested method of inserting static date and time of hitting CNTL+ doesn't
work. Is there another method?

Thanks much.
try this descriptive link,

http://www.ehow.com/how_2292387_inse...ime-excel.html

all the best
__________________
Thanks
Bala
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

That should be Ctlr+; or, as I prefer to write it, Ctrl-; but, in either
case, you don't hit the plus or minus sign key... those symbols are there to
link the characters you do type. You will actually only press the Control
key in conjunction with the semi-colon key. And this key combination works
with desktops and laptops (there is no difference between these two devices
for keystroke entries).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"D Pickens" <D wrote in message
New to this. Sorry if very simple question. I'm using a laptop and the
suggested method of inserting static date and time of hitting CNTL+
doesn't
work. Is there another method?

Thanks much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Mon, 24 May 2010 23:08:01 -0700, ?B?RCBQaWNrZW5z?= wrote:

New to this. Sorry if very simple question. I'm using a laptop and the
suggested method of inserting static date and time of hitting CNTL+ doesn't
work. Is there another method?

Not Ctrl-plus; it's Ctrl-colon (or Ctrl-Shift-semicolon)

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...