-   -   How to insert static time using a laptop? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/264435-how-insert-static-time-using-laptop.html)

D Pickens

How to insert static time using a laptop?

New to this. Sorry if very simple question. I'm using a laptop and the
suggested method of inserting static date and time of hitting CNTL+ doesn't
work. Is there another method?

Thanks much.

L. Howard Kittle

How to insert static time using a laptop?

Don't have a lap top, but try Ctrl + ; for the date
See if Ctrl = Shift + : gives the time

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"D Pickens" <D wrote in message
New to this. Sorry if very simple question. I'm using a laptop and the
suggested method of inserting static date and time of hitting CNTL+
doesn't
work. Is there another method?

Thanks much.

L. Howard Kittle

How to insert static time using a laptop?

TYPO... See if Ctrl = Shift + : gives the time

Ctrl + Shift + : gives the time

H'wd

"D Pickens" <D wrote in message
New to this. Sorry if very simple question. I'm using a laptop and the
suggested method of inserting static date and time of hitting CNTL+
doesn't
work. Is there another method?

Thanks much.

bala_vb

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Pickens (Post 955878)
New to this. Sorry if very simple question. I'm using a laptop and the
suggested method of inserting static date and time of hitting CNTL+ doesn't
work. Is there another method?

Thanks much.

try this descriptive link,

http://www.ehow.com/how_2292387_inse...ime-excel.html

all the best

Rick Rothstein

How to insert static time using a laptop?

That should be Ctlr+; or, as I prefer to write it, Ctrl-; but, in either
case, you don't hit the plus or minus sign key... those symbols are there to
link the characters you do type. You will actually only press the Control
key in conjunction with the semi-colon key. And this key combination works
with desktops and laptops (there is no difference between these two devices
for keystroke entries).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"D Pickens" <D wrote in message
New to this. Sorry if very simple question. I'm using a laptop and the
suggested method of inserting static date and time of hitting CNTL+
doesn't
work. Is there another method?

Thanks much.

Stan Brown

On Mon, 24 May 2010 23:08:01 -0700, ?B?RCBQaWNrZW5z?= wrote:

New to this. Sorry if very simple question. I'm using a laptop and the
suggested method of inserting static date and time of hitting CNTL+ doesn't
work. Is there another method?

Not Ctrl-plus; it's Ctrl-colon (or Ctrl-Shift-semicolon)

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...