Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Insert static time

I want to insert the exact time (hh:mm:ss) I entered data into another cell.
For example when I enter data in cell C:2 I need the exact time it was
entered displayed in cell C:1.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You might need a small macro to do this instantly. If you have a cell with
the function =NOW() it will give you the time and date as of the time a
recalculation is done. As soon as you make your cell entry you could hit the
F9 recalc button, this will make the cell with =NOW() show the exact time it
is just after you made your entry. This cell will of course change the next
time you do another recalc so you would have to format a cell as time and
then copy...paste special...values to copy the time value so that it will not
change upon recalculation.

"Maverick" wrote:

I want to insert the exact time (hh:mm:ss) I entered data into another cell.
For example when I enter data in cell C:2 I need the exact time it was
entered displayed in cell C:1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't think that will work for me. A better example is that I need the
exact time (hh:mm:ss) the data was entered in C:1 to be displayed in B:1 and
then the exact time data was entered in C;2 displayed in B:2 etc.

"Maverick" wrote:

I want to insert the exact time (hh:mm:ss) I entered data into another cell.
For example when I enter data in cell C:2 I need the exact time it was
entered displayed in cell C:1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Any of these 2 methods

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com

"Maverick" wrote:

I want to insert the exact time (hh:mm:ss) I entered data into another
cell.
For example when I enter data in cell C:2 I need the exact time it was
entered displayed in cell C:1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Const WS_RANGE As String = "C1:C10" '<--- Change to suit

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
.Offset(0, -1).Value = Format(Time, "hh:mm:ss")
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Maverick" wrote:

I want to insert the exact time (hh:mm:ss) I entered data into another

cell.
For example when I enter data in cell C:2 I need the exact time it was
entered displayed in cell C:1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Very basic code:

If Intersect(Target, Range("C1:C2")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Offset(0, -1) = Now()
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

.... in the worksheet class module for the sheet where you are entering data.

Regards

Trevor