Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ucastores

Default how can i set a static date and time in excel

The help function says to do this: Current date and time Select a cell and
press CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+;

I do CTRL+ and i get the 'insert' window and can go no further. What am i
doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

You don't type the '+' character. In the documentation, this
means press CTRL and ; or : .

"ucastores" wrote in
message
The help function says to do this: Current date and time
Select a cell and
press CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+;

I do CTRL+ and i get the 'insert' window and can go no further.
What am i
doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

The HELP file is mis-leadng you. When it says:

press CTRL+;

it really means press the CNTRL key and the ; key at the same time

The + really means at the same time.
--
Gary's Student