Jan

Default I need to know how to insert my information, time and tides in ex.

I am trying to create a chart by inputing the high and low tides of any given
day and the time in which they occured on the day but I don't know how to
input that information into excel to get the desired result. Help!
I have the moon cycle for those days as well but as well I am unsure of how
to begin. This is a home school project for primary students.

John Mansfield

Jan,

Try setting up your data as follows (note: this example assumes two days of
data at three hour intervals but you can customize it to your own specs).
First, place the "Day" header in cell A1, the "Time" header in cell B1, and
the "Tide" header in cell C1. Add the data to each column as shown without
skipping any spaces.

Day Time Tide
Fri 0 1.80
3 2.70
6 2.90
9 3.05
12 3.15
15 3.25
18 2.80
21 2.60
Sat 0 1.90
3 2.80
6 2.80
9 3.15
12 3.25
15 3.25
18 2.90
21 2.70
0 2.25

When complete, your data should cover the range spanning cell A1 to C18.
Put your curser in cell A1 (i.e. activate cell A1). Then, click on the Chart
Wizard icon in the standard toolbar. In Step 1 of the chart wizard, choose
the standard clustered column chart. Hit the Next button. In Step 2 of the
Chart Wizard your series should read "series in columns". Then, just follow
the rest of the prompts and format the chart as you like.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com