Old May 4th 10, 11:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Add up a column

How can I get a column of figures to add up automatically?

Old May 4th 10, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Use a formula in a different column.

For instance, if I want to add all the values in column A, I could use this
formula in B1:

=sum(a:a)

Old May 5th 10, 12:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

In say, B1: =SUM(A:A)
would achieve your objective to do it for col A
voila? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore

Old July 2nd 21, 08:45 AM
Member

Default SUM Function in Excel!

Hello! I don't think you can add a column without doing anything, but you can put a formula that can do a SUM of the whole Column, depending on what kind of SUM you want.

This can be done via the SUM Functions in Excel.

So to simply sum a whole column, you just:

=sum(A:A)

you just put this in a different column to prevent a looping of the formula, which will cause an error. Hope this helps!