-   -   Add up a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/263068-add-up-column.html)

Remmy

Add up a column

How can I get a column of figures to add up automatically?

Dave Peterson

Add up a column

Use a formula in a different column.

For instance, if I want to add all the values in column A, I could use this
formula in B1:

=sum(a:a)

--

Dave Peterson

Max

Add up a column

In say, B1: =SUM(A:A)
would achieve your objective to do it for col A
voila? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Remmy" wrote:
How can I get a column of figures to add up automatically?

Wilbur Chua

SUM Function in Excel!

Hello! I don't think you can add a column without doing anything, but you can put a formula that can do a SUM of the whole Column, depending on what kind of SUM you want.

This can be done via the SUM Functions in Excel.

So to simply sum a whole column, you just:

=sum(A:A)

you just put this in a different column to prevent a looping of the formula, which will cause an error. Hope this helps!