Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Unique addresses

You guys have helped me so much I feel like I need to send you a monthly
fee!

Anyway, I have a spreadsheet which has addresses in it. The addresses are
in order by House numbe and street name.
House number = Column H
Street name = Column I.

Is there some way I can capture the Number of Unique addresses?
I know I can use CountA, etc. but I don't know how to select the duplicates.

Thanks again for this and for all the other help you've given me!!
Doug Mcneill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On the Data tab, in the Data Tools group, click Remove Duplicates.

Send the fee to your favourite charity.
--
Russell Dawson
Excel student

"Doug Mc" wrote:

You guys have helped me so much I feel like I need to send you a monthly
fee!

Anyway, I have a spreadsheet which has addresses in it. The addresses are
in order by House numbe and street name.
House number = Column H
Street name = Column I.

Is there some way I can capture the Number of Unique addresses?
I know I can use CountA, etc. but I don't know how to select the duplicates.

Thanks again for this and for all the other help you've given me!!
Doug Mcneill

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Russell,
I clicked on Data and I don't see a Data Tools choice.
I'm using Office 2000. Is that the problem? Or is it something else?

Doug

"Doug Mc" wrote:

You guys have helped me so much I feel like I need to send you a monthly
fee!

Anyway, I have a spreadsheet which has addresses in it. The addresses
are
in order by House numbe and street name.
House number = Column H
Street name = Column I.

Is there some way I can capture the Number of Unique addresses?
I know I can use CountA, etc. but I don't know how to select the
duplicates.

Thanks again for this and for all the other help you've given me!!
Doug Mcneill

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You're welcome.

Gord

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 15:49:51 -0600, "Doug Mc"
wrote:

Thanks Gord.

.. .
You want to remove the duplicates?

In 2000 use DataFilterAdvanced Filter to copy Unique Records to another
location.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 09:42:00 -0600, "Doug Mc"
wrote:

Is there some other way to do it?

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
. ..