MGC

Default Drop down menu

I have created a drop down menu with 3 options
Contact
Enquiry
Order
I want the colour of the text in the row next to the drop down menu to
change for each option when it is selected in the menu. Help!
paul

set your conditional format to the formula option.your first format when the
cell link for your drop down box= 1 is one colour,2=second colour,3=third
colour
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"MGC" wrote:

I have created a drop down menu with 3 options
Contact
Enquiry
Order
I want the colour of the text in the row next to the drop down menu to
change for each option when it is selected in the menu. Help!

Debra Dalgleish

Select the cells that you want to change colour
Choose FormatConditional Formatting
From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is
In the formula box, type a formula that refers to the cell
with the dropdown, e.g.:

=$A2="Contact"

Click the Format button, and choose a colour on the Patterns tab
Click OK
Click Add, and for Condition 2, create a formula for "Enquiry",
and select a colour for that work
Create Condition 3 for "Order"
Click OK

There's an example he

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html

MGC wrote:
I have created a drop down menu with 3 options
Contact
Enquiry
Order
I want the colour of the text in the row next to the drop down menu to
change for each option when it is selected in the menu. Help!

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html