wilecoyote

Default help with drop down menu data

i am trying to create a worksheet where i am picking items out of
inventory

cell "A-1" has drop down menu which i select item (no problem, i can do
that)

Cell "B-1" is the corresponding price for the item selected in cell "A-1"

example: the drop down allows me to select widgets, modifed widgets,
budget widgets, or premium widgets. (up to about 30 choices)......the
price of widgets is 10.00, the price of modified widgets is 20.00 the
price of budget widgets is 5.00 while the price of premium widgets is
30.00 and so on.......

how do i get cell "B-1" to display the correct price according to the
selection from the drop down in cell "A-1"

thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide

WC

JulieD

Hi

you have answers to this from Tom Ogilvy and myself in
microsoft.public.excel.programming ... it's not generally necessary to post
to more than one group as most of the responders here read multiple groups
and it can upset (some of) us if we spend a long time working on an answer
only to discover someone else answered the question in a different group :)

Cheers
JulieD

. 50...