UisNike

Default How do I set up a drop down menu for a validation list?

I am looking to set up validation lists with data in a large excel
spreadsheet so that people can only type the values that I choose. I would
although like them to be able to choose the choices that i offer from a drop
down menu so all information is consistent. Each cell that I would like
validated should have a little drop down arrow at the right. Any ideas on how
to do this??
Frank Kabel

Hi
see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"UisNike" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am looking to set up validation lists with data in a large excel
spreadsheet so that people can only type the values that I choose. I
would
although like them to be able to choose the choices that i offer from a
drop
down menu so all information is consistent. Each cell that I would like
validated should have a little drop down arrow at the right. Any ideas on
how
to do this??

Peo Sjoblom

Datavalidationallowlist (then refer to the list either by putting in the
range or name it and use the name), the dropdown won't be visible until you
select teh cell though. If you want that you need to use a combobox

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom