Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Find the value of a percentage

Hi,

I tried my inquiry once but I did not get a reply. Maybe I was not clear
and explicit with my question, therefor I will try again. Please anyone with
a reply.

I have column "A" 1 thru 200 numbers. I need to create column "B" showing
the total of an increase of 35% (value plus the 35%).

Now I have to create a column "C" with the value or a number that if you
subtract 40% will give me the number in colmn "B".

I hope I made myself clear and comprehesible this time. Please do reply,
anyone.

Thank you

--
smile
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
to apply 35 % in column B enter

=a1*1.35

copy the formula down

in column C enter

=a1/0.6

if this helps please click yes thanks

"israel" wrote:

Hi,

I tried my inquiry once but I did not get a reply. Maybe I was not clear
and explicit with my question, therefor I will try again. Please anyone with
a reply.

I have column "A" 1 thru 200 numbers. I need to create column "B" showing
the total of an increase of 35% (value plus the 35%).

Now I have to create a column "C" with the value or a number that if you
subtract 40% will give me the number in colmn "B".

I hope I made myself clear and comprehesible this time. Please do reply,
anyone.

Thank you

--
smile

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You received several replies yesterday.

Quit waiting for a personal email reply and start searching for your posts
which have the replies.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP