Old December 21st 09, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default find percentage

Hi helping hand;

I have column"A" with numbers. I am required to add a column "B" showing a
total amount with an addition of 35%.

Now I have to add a column "C" that would give me a number that if you
subtract 40% it will give me the exact number of column "B".

Can anyone help

Thank you
--
smile

Old December 21st 09, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CM CM is offline

assuming a1 has your value;

in b1: =A1*1.35
in c1: =B1/0.6

--
hope to help,
cm

Old December 21st 09, 08:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hope I 've got you right
B = A*1.35

B = 0.6 *C

C= 2.25 *A

say A =100
B will be 135
C will be 225

Greetings from New Zealand

Old July 7th 21, 11:02 AM
Member

Default Formula

Hello!

You can just format it as:

B1 = A1 * 1.35

C1 = A1* 2.25

That way you can get the numbers you want based on the specs you provided.

For more tips on excel or financial models. Hope this helps.