buzy lizzy

Default What formula do I use to find a percentage change?

I'm new to using Excel and I just need to find a formula to use that will
calculate a percentage change from one cell to another.
JE McGimpsey

One way:

=(A2-A1)/A1

formatted as a percentage, which can be simplified to

=A2/A1 - 1

also formatted as a percentage.

In article ,
"buzy lizzy" <buzy wrote:

I'm new to using Excel and I just need to find a formula to use that will
calculate a percentage change from one cell to another.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Litty
I am rally trying but no luck. what is the percentage?
E6 F6 =% difference of those two below?
1.06 0.98 =SUM(E6:F6)

"buzy lizzy" wrote:

I'm new to using Excel and I just need to find a formula to use that will
calculate a percentage change from one cell to another.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=ABS(1-(E6/F6))

Cliff Edwards