-   -   What formula do I use to find a percentage change? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/45359-what-formula-do-i-use-find-percentage-change.html)

buzy lizzy

What formula do I use to find a percentage change?

I'm new to using Excel and I just need to find a formula to use that will
calculate a percentage change from one cell to another.

Anne Troy

I think you can use this, Lizzy: =(A2-A1)/A1
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"buzy lizzy" <buzy wrote in message
I'm new to using Excel and I just need to find a formula to use that will
calculate a percentage change from one cell to another.

JE McGimpsey

One way:

=(A2-A1)/A1

formatted as a percentage, which can be simplified to

=A2/A1 - 1

also formatted as a percentage.

In article ,
"buzy lizzy" <buzy wrote:

I'm new to using Excel and I just need to find a formula to use that will
calculate a percentage change from one cell to another.

Janie

What formula do I use to find a percentage change?

Hi Litty
I am rally trying but no luck. what is the percentage?
E6 F6 =% difference of those two below?
1.06 0.98 =SUM(E6:F6)

"buzy lizzy" wrote:

I'm new to using Excel and I just need to find a formula to use that will
calculate a percentage change from one cell to another.

ward376

What formula do I use to find a percentage change?

=ABS(1-(E6/F6))

Cliff Edwards