Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel 2003

I have just bought a new computer that has MS Office Excel 2007 installed but
all my old documents are on Excel 2003 - how can I open them?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Just do double click in which file do you want to open.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Chevy" wrote:

I have just bought a new computer that has MS Office Excel 2007 installed but
all my old documents are on Excel 2003 - how can I open them?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

When I double click it says "filename.xls is not a valid Win32 application".
Does it matter that the original xls files were made in Windows 2000 and now
I have Vista with MS Office Excel?

"Chevy" wrote:

I have just bought a new computer that has MS Office Excel 2007 installed but
all my old documents are on Excel 2003 - how can I open them?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What version of Excel did you have on Win 2000?

Did you open these files in Excel 2003 and save them as Excel 2003 file
version?

Were you able to work with them?

If so, I see no reason for the error message when you try to open in Excel
2007.

But then, I am running Windows XP, not Vista.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP