Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default importing/linking data from an Access 2003 Query to an Excel 2003

I am attempting to link an Access Query to an Excel file, so I can update the
data in the Excel file each month, without having to copy and paste it from
Access.

The help file suggests the following steps--- "Data" - "Import External
Data" - "Import Data".

It allows me to Browse to my Access file, but it only lists the "Tables" not
the "Queries".

How do I get to the "Queries" using this method, or is there another way to
link the data to the Excel File?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

--
Perry K
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JCS JCS is offline

Hi Perry,

If there are truely queries in the db you should be able to see them in the
Select Table window. You may have to scroll to see them. I tried this on a
db I've created and was able to see the queries. If not, the other thing you
can do is: (Excel 2003)

1. Select Data from the menu bar
2. Select Import External Data
3. Select New Database Query...
AND
follow the prompts. This method should allow you to create a custom query
based on the table(s) you select. This is a good method if you are
comfortable with creating queries.

If this helps, please press Yes.

JCS

"PerryK" wrote:

I am attempting to link an Access Query to an Excel file, so I can update the
data in the Excel file each month, without having to copy and paste it from
Access.

The help file suggests the following steps--- "Data" - "Import External
Data" - "Import Data".

It allows me to Browse to my Access file, but it only lists the "Tables" not
the "Queries".

How do I get to the "Queries" using this method, or is there another way to
link the data to the Excel File?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

--
Perry K

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JCS JCS is offline

Hi Perry,

If you look at Bud Cookson"s later post (Getting query data from Access
posting), he describes the same issue you are having. He discovered that if
the queries have parameters associated with them, the queries will not
display.

Hope this helps! Please press Yes if it did.
JCS