Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default opening excel files from access 2003, win xp, office 2003

I am opening excel files from access using application.followhyperlink.
The excel file always opens with the workbook restored down.
Is there any way to open the file with the workbook maximized using
application.followhyperlink from access?
One annoying thing is that after using application.followhyperlink from
access, after I have closed both access and excel, the next time I open excel
from the desktop, it opens with the workbook restored down.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paste this into the thisworkbook module of the excel file
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
End Sub

"Nugimac" wrote:

I am opening excel files from access using application.followhyperlink.
The excel file always opens with the workbook restored down.
Is there any way to open the file with the workbook maximized using
application.followhyperlink from access?
One annoying thing is that after using application.followhyperlink from
access, after I have closed both access and excel, the next time I open excel
from the desktop, it opens with the workbook restored down.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike, thanks for your help. I should have made it clearer that I need this
to happen automatically because the database will be used by others who can't
use code. The worksheet is created on the fly as the data is exported from
access. The path and filename are saved and then application.followhyperlink
strPath is called. I need a way to maximize the worksheet window, the actual
excel window is already maximized. The worksheet opens at a small size within
a maximized Excel window.

My testing shows that it is the code
application.followhyperlink strPath
that causes the worksheet to open restored down to a small size insode a
maximized excel application window.

If anyone can help with this, it would be much appreciated.