Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcy S

Default Unable to access the Office Online Web site in Office 2003, Excel

I tried to post my message a few minutes ago and immediately after I clicked
on "Post" I had to sign in and then my subject came up again -- with the
mesage block blank. So hope I am not posting twice, but will start all over
again.

I am able to access the Office Online Web site in all of my programs with
the exception of Excel. I searched the knowledge base and located Article
907437 which is an exact descriptioin of my problem - "You receive an "Unable
to open <URL message when you try to access the Office Online Web site in an
Office 2003 program - cannot locate the Internet server or proxy server"

I followed the instructions provided in Resolution and modified the Registry
Editor, following item 5 since the OfficeOnTheWeb registry value was not
present. After adding it, I restarted my computer. However, nothing
changed. I would like to uninstall/reinstall Office to see if that will solve
the problem. However, am afraid to do so because I purchased my version of
Office 3.0 under Microsoft's Home Use Program. It is a legitimate, registered
version, my concern is violating the stipulation which states that it can
only be installed and used on one computer. I don't want risk losing the
entire Office 2003 suite.

I also need to find out whether I could remove Office 2003 from my present
PC and reinstall on a new one which I plan to purchase one of these days.
Have been unsuccessful in locating any FAQs for software purchased under this
program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

If you bought Office you can install it as many times you want on the same
computer, however
reinstalling Office almost certainly not help you anyway. I have everything
excel/online turned off on my computers because I find it annoying and help
takes forever to use. Probably better to post here and wait if someone else
use the same and knows something about it. Don't uninstall office, unless
you go into the registry and delete every little string referncing office
the settings are saved and reinstalling won't make any difference.

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom