Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Conditional Formatting For Highlighting a Cell Color

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to write a formula to do the
following. And, if it were possible, how would I write that formula?

I would like to highlight a cell with a certain color if the current date is
greater than or equal to a certain date AND time. If it is not yet that
time, then I would like to leave the cell color €śblank€ť.

How would I do that? Thanks in advance to whomever may be able to help me.

Candy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In Conditional Formatting.

Formula is =$G$4=DATEVALUE("12/13/2009 12:30:00")

G4 can be active cell or referenced cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:58:01 -0800, Candy
wrote:

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to write a formula to do the
following. And, if it were possible, how would I write that formula?

I would like to highlight a cell with a certain color if the current date is
greater than or equal to a certain date AND time. If it is not yet that
time, then I would like to leave the cell color “blank”.

How would I do that? Thanks in advance to whomever may be able to help me.

Candy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Having an afternoon nap here<g

Disregard those instructions.

Best to place your target date and time in a cell.

Say A1 has 12/14/2009 11:30:00

Enter =NOW() in B1

CF B1 to =B1=A1

Of course you will have to doing something to force a calculation.

Gord