Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Organising hyperlinks

I am using Excel 2003 on Windows XP.

I have a column in which each cell (other than the header) needs to
hyperlink to zero to three hyperlinks to local .jpg files.

The zero cells are easy as empty cells meets the need.
One is easy as I set each cell with a hyperlink with text describing the
picture.

Two or more is harder. I have found no way of hyperlinking a cell to
more than one file. I hyperlink to a folder containing the pictures.

Is there any way to hyperlink directly to more than one picture?

A word document containing the pictures is one option which has occurred
to me since starting this posting.
I would appreciate other suggestions. ;)

P.S. What functional difference is there between an embedded hyperlink
(set with Ctrl+K or Insert/Hyperlink...) and the HYPERLINK function?
--
Walter Briscoe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Walter:

Excel is not like Word or PowerPoint. In Word, you can assign a separate
hyperlink to each word in a sentence or table. In Excel, we can put
thousands of potential hyperlinks in single cell as follows:

FIRST create a table of the options. In G1 thru G4 enter:

cnn.com
abc.com
nbc.com
fox.com

from the list in column G.

FINALLY in B1 enter:

=HYPERLINK("http://www." & A1)

This gives the user the ability to pick the destination in A1 and click the
link in B1!

Using the =HYPERLINK() function gives you better control of the operation.
I use Inserted hyperlink if they need to interact with my macros.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200907

"Walter Briscoe" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In message of Sat,
10 Oct 2009 04:23:01 in microsoft.public.excel.newusers, Gary''s Student
writes

Hello,
Thank you for pointing me at an area of Excel which is new to me.
The concept in your response is awesome.

Hi Walter:

Excel is not like Word or PowerPoint. In Word, you can assign a separate
hyperlink to each word in a sentence or table. In Excel, we can put
thousands of potential hyperlinks in single cell as follows:

FIRST create a table of the options. In G1 thru G4 enter:

cnn.com
abc.com
nbc.com
fox.com

I can do that!

from the list in column G.

That was harder! In Excel 2003 help, I found no example simple enough
for me. The following seems to do what you say: "In A1, click
Data/Validation... and in the Settings tab, set Allow: to List and
Source: to =$G$1:$G$4".

FINALLY in B1 enter:

=HYPERLINK("http://www." & A1)

This gives the user the ability to pick the destination in A1 and click the
link in B1!

Using the =HYPERLINK() function gives you better control of the operation.
I use Inserted hyperlink if they need to interact with my macros.

I look forward to implementing changes using your advice. ;)
--
Walter Briscoe