Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jumbo's Chippy

Default Organising Info

I am designing a spreadsheet that will be used to monitor incidents
involving youngsters and when contact has been made with their parents /
guardians in relation to incidents. I am having difficulty in organising my
info though, as I don't want the user to scroll along across the spreadsheet
and so want the info to appear on screen without having to scroll. Having
said that, there is loads of info and so, I am wondering the best way to go
about it. I will need the following details:-

- Surname
- Foreame
- Date of Birth
- Telephone
- Address
- Telephone
- School
- Incident date
- Incident location
- Incident details
- Was contact made with regards to incident? (for this, a dropdown menu
listing "telephone, letter, visit"

Likewise, I want the spreadsheet to autoformat should the same Surname AND
Forename appear twice in the list.

Any suggestions? I played about with the idea of using comments in the
cells, however as it will be used by multiusers, would possibly need to make
the spreadsheet more user-friendly.

Now, having played about with the above, there is just far too many columns
to fit on screen at any one time.